Wisconsin Lutheran Choir
The choir performs four concerts on campus each year, provides music for worship services for local WELS congregations and embarks on an annual spring concert tour. The choir rehearses five hours each week and performs music from the sixteenth through the twenty-first centuries, sung in original languages.
Membership in this select ensemble is by audition only. All WLC students are welcome to audition, regardless of major.
As an ensemble of believers in Christ, the Wisconsin Lutheran Choir exists to:
- Glorify God with a commitment to excellence;
- Study and perform choral repertoire from the Renaissance to the Twenty-First Century to the highest artistic level;
- Broaden audience awareness of and appreciation for a wide variety of choral music through formal concerts and other performances;
- Serve as ambassadors for our Savior and Wisconsin Lutheran College off campus;
- And assist congregations of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod with outreach during concert tours and by providing special music for worship services.