Student Success Center
The Student Success Center serves as a hub for efficient and vital connections to advisors, professors, and students, creating relationships and providing services to enhance students' learning and academic success. The Student Success Center exists to provide a high level of support for all students and faculty.
The Student Success Center is located on the main level of the Marvin M. Schwan library.
The Center offers the following services for students:
- Academic Tutors - Tutors explain class material and form study groups.
- Writing Tutors - Writing tutors aid students in the writing process and revision of papers.
- Peer Mentors - Mentors support students in developing study skills and good habits.
- Support Services - The Center faculty and staff meet with students to explore individual learning styles and strategies needed for their success.
The Center also offers the following services for faculty:
- Alternative Teaching Strategies - The Center is a source for faculty to learn more about how to meet unique student needs.
- New Technology Training - Faculty can be introduced or trained in new technology based teaching tools.
- Collaboration of Teaching/Learning Strategies - The Center facilitates the sharing of strategies and practices among the faculty.
- Support - Faculty can receive support and guidance on how to best serve an increasingly diverse body of learners at WLC.