Zoo Interchange Road Construction Project Updates
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is reconstructing the Zoo Interchange in western Milwaukee County; the project is expected to be completed in 2018. Construction projects to improve traffic flow on alternate routes are under way on most major roads near campus.
Check these links for updated directions to Wisconsin Lutheran College and the Outdoor Athletic Complex, and for details about a free Shuttle Service.
Updated April 14, 2014
- Watertown Plank Road Interchange Construction
- Watertown Plank Road at US 45 is closed until late 2014. Use the new Swan Boulevard and Discovery Parkway to bypass the closure.
- Anticipate heavy traffic on Wisconsin Avenue near campus.
- To help with traffic flow, parking is not allowed on Wisconsin Avenue from 92nd Street to 87th Street from 6:00 to 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- All Watertown Plank Road entrance and exit ramps at US 45 are closed.
- Access the Outdoor Athletic Complex by taking Hwy. 100 to Watertown Plank Road.
- 84th Street & I-94 Interchange Construction
- The 84th Street entrance ramps to both eastbound and westbound I-94 are closed until late summer 2014. To access I-94 eastbound, take Bluemound Road east to 68th Street, then south to I-94. To access I-94 westbound, take Bluemound Road west to Hwy. 100, then south to I-94.
- Highway 100 & I-94 Interchange Construction
- The exit ramps from I-94 eastbound and westbound to Hwy. 100 are closed through late 2014. Use the 84th Street exits to access WLC's campus from I-94.
- The Hwy. 100 entrance ramp to eastbound I-94 is closed until late 2014.
- Expect delays and lane closures on Hwy. 100 between I-94 and Bluemound Road as the Hwy. 100 bridge over I-94 is rebuilt. Check for overnight closures in the Zoo Interchange.
Please check WisDOT's Zoo Interchange project website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed for more information.
The Office of Marketing & Communication will maintain this page throughout the project.