2014 Warrior Orientation & Welcome (WOW) Dates
Please note the following important dates when planning your summer schedule.
2014 WOW Weekend: August 22–24
Get ready for your college experience! Download the complete WOW Weekend Schedule.
- AUGUST 22: Campus offices will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, August 22. You can check in, pick up your Warrior OneCard and keys, and finish up any last-minute business with Financial Aid, the Registrar, or the Business Office.
- AUGUST 22: New resident students will move in to their assigned campus housing between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
- AUGUST 22-24: WOW Weekend programs and activities begin at 12:45 p.m. on Friday, August 22 and continue through Sunday, August 24.
Schedule for Athletes & Other Early-Returning Students
If you are eligible to return to campus housing prior to August 22, you will be contacted by your coach or organization with the specific date you will be moving to campus. Despite an early move in date, all new students are required to attend the WOW Weekend program and activities.
Note to parents: We understand that you may be traveling a great distance to drop off your early-returning student, so it may be difficult to return for WOW Weekend parent orientation activities on August 22. Therefore, we will hold a few abbreviated parent orientation sessions to coincide with early move-in dates. You are welcome to attend the orienation activities on August 22 if your schedule and location allow.
- August 14 from 12:15 to 1:00 p.m. for parents of football players
- August 17 from 3:00 to 3:45 p.m. for parents of M&W Soccer, M&W Cross Country, M&W Golf, and Volleyball players
- August 19 from 11:00 to 11:45 a.m. for parents of Peer Admissions Counselors
Schedule for International Students
|Sunday, August 17 OR
Monday, August 18
|Arrive in Milwaukee & Move In
(Coordinate transportation through the Center for International Education)
|Tuesday, August 19 to
Thursday, August 21
|New International Student Orientation
|Friday, August 22 to
Sunday, August 24
|Participate in Warrior Orientation & Welcome Weekend activities and programs