Saturday, April 12, 2014
5k run and 2-mile walk
The 11th annual Gary's Gallop 5k run and 2-mile walk presented by Bloom! Landscaping will be held April 12, 2014. The race, a tribute to the late Wisconsin Lutheran College president Dr. Gary Greenfield, has a scenic course through Underwood Parkway and the WLC Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex.
- 8-9 a.m. - Raceday registration and shirt/bib pick up
- 9:30 a.m. - Start of 5k run and 2-mile walk
- 10:30 a.m. - Start of Kids' Race
LOCATION: Wisconsin Lutheran College Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex, 10200 W. Watertown Plank Road, Wauwatosa. Note that the complex has a new entrance for 2014. Visit wlc.edu/directions for details on the entrance and Watertown Plank Road construction.
COURSE: The race will begin in the WLC Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex parking lot and will proceed onto Underwood Parkway. Participants will head northeast on the parkway to the entrance of Hansen Park, then return to the athletic complex. The race concludes on the Raabe Stadium track.
- $20 - For 5k run and 2-mile walk participants
- $25 - For remote runners/walkers
- $10 - For current WLC students, faculty, and staff
- $25 - For raceday registration
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
- Long-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt (for 5k and 2-mile participants only)
- Light breakfast and lunch
- Awards to the top male and female runners/age by division, overall male and female finisher, and by team
- Charitable gift to the college's athletics booster organization, the Warrior Club
DIVISIONS: 18 and younger, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79, 80+
TEAM PARTICIPATION: Not only can you run in Gary's Gallop as an individual, but also as a team in 2014! Teams can be made up of 4-7 runners with the top four scores on the team added together to earn team honors. Each team member should register individually and a team captain should register the team. Participation in the team event requires one additional $10 team fee for team awards and entrance into the exclusive Elite Sport & Spine team warming tent.
REMOTE PARTICIPATION: If you aren't going to be in the Milwaukee area on April 12, then run or walk Gary's Gallop remotely! Map out a 5k or 2-mile course where you will be, then submit your finish time online to qualify for award placement. Submit a photo too! Registration for remote participants is required by March 28 to ensure enough time to mail your shirt and racing bib to you by race day. (Shirt and bib will be mailed to the address listed below unless otherwise noted.)
KIDS' CORNER AND RACE: The free Kids' Corner, supervised by WLC's dance team and coaches, will be available to entertain children during the adult race. After the adult race, kids will be invited to run around the Raabe Stadium track. No registration is necessary.
QUESTIONS? Contact Lisa Leffel by phone - 414.443.8796 - or email.