Zoo Interchange Road Construction Project Updates
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is reconstructing the Zoo Interchange in western Milwaukee County; the project is expected to be completed in 2018. Construction projects to improve traffic flow on alternate routes are under way on most major roads near campus.
Updated October 16, 2014
- Wisconsin Avenue/Bluemound Road & US 45 Interchange Construction
- BLUEMOUND ROAD IS CLOSED over US 45 for bridge reconstruction, as is 97th Street. 95th Street is open one-way to northbound traffic. Use Watertown Plank Road or Greenfield Avenue as alternate east-west routes.
- All exit ramps at Wisconsin Avenue/Bluemound Road and US 45 are closed. View current directions to campus for alternate routes.
- The entrance ramp at Wisconsin Avenue to northbound US 45 is closed. Use the northbound entrance ramp from westbound Watertown Plank Road (access from campus via Glenview Avenue).
- Anticipate heavy traffic on Wisconsin Avenue near campus.
- 84th Street & I-94 Interchange Construction
- 84TH STREET IS CLOSED from I-94 to Honey Creek Parkway. Use 92nd Street or 76th Street instead.
- The westbound I-94 exit ramp to 84th Street is closed (exit at 68th Street instead).
- The 84th Street entrance ramp to westbound I-94 is closed.
- The eastbound I-94 exit ramp to 84th Street remains open. To access WLC, continue straight at the end of the ramp onto Kearney Street. (Stay to the right at the split so you don’t re-enter the freeway.) Turn left onto 76th Street, then left onto Bluemound Road.
- Watertown Plank Road & US 45 Interchange Construction
- Watertown Plank Road at US 45 has partially reopened (one lane eastbound, two lanes westbound).
- Watertown Plank Road entrance and exit ramps at US 45 are beginning to reopen. Currently, the southbound-to-westbound exit ramp is open, as are both northbound exit ramps. The westbound-to-northbound entrance ramp is open. View the Watertown Plank Road User Guide.
- Access the Outdoor Athletic Complex from campus by taking Glenview Avenue to Watertown Plank Road.
- Highway 100 & I-94 Interchange Construction
- Most Hwy. 100 entrance and exit ramps at I-94 are closed. The southbound Hwy. 100 to westbound I-94 entrance ramp has reopened.
- Lanes are closed on Hwy. 100 at I-94 for bridge reconstruction.
Check these links for directions to Wisconsin Lutheran College and the Outdoor Athletic Complex, and for details about a free Shuttle Service.
Check for overnight closures in the Zoo Interchange related to construction on I-94 and US 45.
Please check WisDOT's Zoo Interchange project website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed for more information.
The Office of Marketing & Communication will maintain this page throughout the project.