Zoo Interchange Road Construction Project Updates
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is reconstructing the Zoo Interchange in western Milwaukee County; the project is expected to be completed in 2018. Construction projects to improve traffic flow on alternate routes are under way on most major roads near campus.
Revised August 20, 2015
- Wisconsin Avenue/Bluemound Road & US 45 Interchange Construction
- WISCONSIN AVENUE IS CLOSED over US 45 for bridge reconstruction. Use Watertown Plank Road or Bluemound Road as alternate east-west routes.
- The exit from to Bluemound Road from southbound US 45 is open. All other exit and entrance ramps at Wisconsin Avenue/Bluemound Road and US 45 are closed. View current directions to campus for alternate routes.
- Anticipate heavy traffic on Bluemound Road near campus.
- Westbound I-94 Construction
- The westbound I-94 exit ramp at Hwy. 100 is closed (use 84th Street to exit I-94).
- A lane is closed long-term on westbound I-94 from 68th Street to the Zoo Interchange. Anticipate lengthy merging delays.
- 92nd Street Construction
- 92nd STREET IS CLOSED at I-94 for bridge reconstruction. Use 84th Street, 76th Street, or Hwy. 100 as alternate north-south routes.
- Zoo Interchange Ramp Construction
- The ramp from westbound I-94 to southbound I-894/US 45 is closed.
- The ramp from northbound I-894/US 45 to westbound I-94 is closed.
Check these links for directions to Wisconsin Lutheran College and the Outdoor Athletic Complex, and for details about a free Milwaukee Regional Medical Center Shuttle Service.
Check for overnight closures in the Zoo Interchange related to construction on I-94 and US 45.
Please check WisDOT's Zoo Interchange project website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed for more information.
The Office of Marketing & Communication will maintain this page throughout the project.