Zoo Interchange Road Construction Project Updates
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is reconstructing the Zoo Interchange in western Milwaukee County; the project is expected to be completed in 2018. Construction projects to improve traffic flow on alternate routes are under way on most major roads near campus.
Updated February 2, 2015
- Wisconsin Avenue/Bluemound Road & US 45 Interchange Construction
- BLUEMOUND ROAD IS CLOSED over US 45 for bridge reconstruction, as is 97th Street. Use Watertown Plank Road or Greenfield Avenue as alternate east-west routes.
- All exit and entrance ramps at Wisconsin Avenue/Bluemound Road and US 45 are closed. View current directions to campus for alternate routes.
- Anticipate heavy traffic on Wisconsin Avenue near campus. A lane is closed in each direction on Wisconsin Avenue at US 45 for utility work.
- 84th Street & I-94 Interchange Construction
- 84th Street has reopened (limited to one lane in each direction between I-94 and Honey Creek Parkway).
- The westbound I-94 exit and entrance ramps at 84th Street remain closed (use 68th Street instead).
- The eastbound I-94 exit and entrance ramps at 84th Street are open.
- A lane is closed long-term on westbound I-94 from 68th Street to the Zoo Interchange. Anticipate lengthy merging delays.
- 92nd Street Construction
- 92nd STREET IS CLOSED at I-94 for bridge reconstruction. Use 84th Street, 76th Street, or Hwy. 100 as alternate north-south routes.
Check these links for directions to Wisconsin Lutheran College and the Outdoor Athletic Complex, and for details about a free Milwaukee Regional Medical Center Shuttle Service.
Check for overnight closures in the Zoo Interchange related to construction on I-94 and US 45.
Please check WisDOT's Zoo Interchange project website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed for more information.
The Office of Marketing & Communication will maintain this page throughout the project.