Transfer Credit Policies
Wisconsin Lutheran accepts transfer credit within the following guidelines:
- Credits are accepted from accredited institutions and evaluated on a case by case basis. Students may be required to submit individual course syllabi for credits to be accepted.
- A grade of "C" or better must be earned for credits to transfer.
- Any transfer student who has not fulfilled the general education mathematics requirement, must take a placement test.
- A maximum of 70 semester hours can be transferred from two-year colleges.
- A student who transfers at least 60 credits will be considered to have Advanced Transfer Status.
- An official evaluation of credits is made after the student is admitted to the College.
- Courses accepted in transfer are not used in the calculation of a student's GPA.
- Repeated courses only count once in total credits earned. If a student repeats a course at WLC which was previously accepted for credit at the time of transfer, the transferred credits will be removed from the student's record.
- A minimum of 30 credits must be earned in residence at WLC, including at least 15 credits of upper-division courses (300 or higher) in the major used to satisfy the degree.
- A minimum of 60 credits must be earned at WLC to be eligible for graduation honors.
Disclaimer: The policies of this document are subject to change as deemed appropriate by the faculty, administration, or board of regents of Wisconsin Lutheran College. Any such changes may be implemented without prior notice, without obligation, and, unless specified, are effective when made.