Saturday, April 11, 2015
5k run and 2-mile walk
The 12th annual Gary's Gallop 5k run and 2-mile walk presented by Bloom! Landscaping will be held April 11, 2015. The race, a tribute to the late Wisconsin Lutheran College president Dr. Gary Greenfield, has a scenic course through Underwood Parkway and the WLC Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex. Don't delay, register online today!
- 8:00 to 9:00 a.m. - Raceday registration and shirt/bib pick up
- 9:30 a.m. - Start of 5k run and 2-mile walk
- 10:30 a.m. - Start of Kids' Race
LOCATION: Wisconsin Lutheran College Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex, east of Hwy. 100 on Watertown Plank Road in Wauwatosa.
- NEW ENTRANCE: The entrance to the Outdoor Athletic Complex moved just before last year's race; the previous entrance is closed. Access the complex via the new Swan Boulevard off Watertown Plank Road. Download a flyer with current directions to the complex or view a map and directions online.
- CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION: Visit wlc.edu/zoointerchange for details.
COURSE: The race will begin in the WLC Krauss-Miller-Lutz Outdoor Athletic Complex parking lot and will proceed onto Underwood Parkway. Participants will head northeast on the parkway to the entrance of Hansen Park, then return to the athletic complex. The race concludes on the Raabe Stadium track.
- $20 - For 5k run and 2-mile walk participants by April 8
- $25 - For remote runners/walkers
- $10 - For current WLC students, faculty, and staff
- $25 - For raceday registration
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
- Long-sleeve, moisture-wicking shirt (for 5k and 2-mile participants only). Sizes are adult men's and run on the larger size.
- Light breakfast and lunch
- Awards to the top male and female runners/age by division, overall male and female finisher, and by team
- Charitable gift to the college's athletics booster organization, the Warrior Club
WLC TRAINING PROGRAM: All participants in Gary's Gallop who registered by February 24 were invited to participate in WLC's 5k training program. Whether runners are looking to improve a 5k time or are participating in a 5k for the first time, they were able to take advantage of WLC's six-week training program, which included an individual membership for the month of March to the Wauwatosa location of the Wisconsin Athletic Club. Those who registered by February 24 can redeem their membership by simply bringing in the confirmation letter they received by mail and a driver's license to the Wauwatosa WAC. Many thanks to the WAC for this opportunity to train indoors and for their support of WLC's training program!
DIVISIONS: 12 and younger, 13-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79, 80+
REMOTE PARTICIPATION: If you aren't going to be in the Milwaukee area on April 11, then run or walk Gary's Gallop remotely! Map out a 5k or 2-mile course where you will be, then submit your finish time online to qualify for award placement. Registration for remote participants is required by March 27 to ensure enough time to mail your shirt and racing bib to you by race day.
KIDS' CORNER AND RACE: The free Kids' Corner, supervised by WLC's dance team and coaches, will be available to entertain children during the adult race. After the adult race, kids will be invited to run around the Raabe Stadium track. No registration is necessary.
SHOE DRIVE: Join us in supporting Soles for Jesus by bringing unwanted shoes to fill our donation bins at Gary’s Gallop. It is estimated that over one billion pairs of unworn shoes are taking up space in U.S. basements and closets. Some are outdated or outgrown, but many of them are in good condition and considered a treasure to the millions of people who live barefoot lives in developing countries like Africa. Soles For Jesus exists to share the love of Christ by distributing shoes to the underserved. Cash donations will also be accepted, as it costs about $2 to send a pair of shoes to Africa. To learn more, visit solesforjesus.org.
QUESTIONS? Contact Lisa Leffel at 414.443.8796 or email@example.com.