Auditioning for the Wisconsin Lutheran Choir
Private auditions are held at the beginning of fall semester. All WLC students may audition regardless of major. Audition forms, sign-up sheets, the complete season's schedule, and other membership information will be posted outside of the Wolf Rehearsal Hall (F116) in the lower level of the Center for Arts and Performance.
The ten-minute audition will consist of scales, 4-7 note pitch matching drills, and sight-singing. Singers should come to the audition warmed up. During the audition, Dr. Nowack will assess:
- Tone quality
- Pitch accuracy
Other factors important for choir membership are:
- Willingness to advance the mission of the Wisconsin Lutheran Choir
- Past choral experience (desirable but not absolutely necessary)
- Private or group voice instruction (recommended but not required)
- Positive, respectful attitude
- A commitment to the entire concert season (two semesters), including the annual concert tour
Following the private audition, some singers will be asked to return for call-backs. In call-backs, students are asked to sing in groups to determine proper voice placement. Call-back lists and times will be posted on the audition board near the rehearsal hall.
The final roster for the Wisconsin Lutheran Choir will be posted on the Friday before Labor Day. The first rehearsal will be held on the Tuesday following Labor Day.
Questions about auditions and membership in the Wisconsin Lutheran Choir should be directed to Dr. Nowack at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414.443.8848.