Alumni Board and Subcommittees Volunteer Form
The Alumni Board serves in an advisory capacity to the Director of Alumni Relations. In this capacity the board works with the Alumni Relations Director to develop and implement a strategic plan that promotes alumni involvement and giving.
Alumni Board Chair Person and the Director of Alumni Relations
Expectations and Responsibilities
All members of the Wisconsin Lutheran College Alumni Board are selected to this position based on demonstrated involvement, support and commitment to WLC. The term is three years with the option of reappointment for three additional years with the approval of the Alumni Board. In accepting this three-year appointment, the board member agrees to fulfill the following responsibilities associated with board membership:
- Share the mission, vision and programs of the Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Prepare for and participate in quarterly board meetings
- Evaluate the progress of the strategic plan
- Participate in alumni relations activities and events
- Make an annual financial contribution to WLC
- Assist in the cultivation of additional alumni donors
Subcommittees of the Alumni Board
There are five subcommittees which are chaired by an Alumni Board member. There is no limit on the number of alumni who can service on these committees, nor is there a term of service. The subcommittees meets as often as they deem necessary and the chair reports the subcommittee's activities to the Alumni Board.
- Admissions – assist with the recruiting of future Warriors to both the undergraduate and Adult and Graduate Studies disciplines. Activities include, but are not limited to, attending recruiting events, writing letters, making phone calls and recommending prospective students. This subcommittee will work closely with WLC's admissions teams.
- Careers – provide opportunities for students and alumni to achieve their career goals. Activities include, providing event opportunities for networking, making introductions for students and alumni with employers, suggesting career and internship and mentoring. This subcommittee will work closely with WLC's director of career services.
- Events – assist the director of alumni relations by suggesting event ideas and assist with the planning of these events. The events must appeal to the varying interests of alumni. In addition to the planning, the subcommittee members must assist with inviting and encouraging fellow alumni participation to ensure maximum attendance.
- Fundraising – work closely with the director of alumni relations to develop a plan to reach the college's alumni giving goal each fiscal year. To achieve the goal, the subcommittee may be involved in planning fundraising events, specific appeals for college projects, phone-a-thons, letter writing and other ways to encourage alumni participation to reach annual goals.
- Social Media - assist the Alumni Relations Office in developing social media messaging and content that builds enthusiasm, engagement, and activity among alumni.
Benefits of Service
- Utilize professional and personal knowledge, skills and talents
- Develop new knowledge and skills
- Network with other accomplished professionals
- Give back to WLC
There is no requirement to live in close proximity to the college. Teleconferencing technology will be used for those who are unable to attend meetings in person. If interested, please fill out the form below, or contact the Alumni Office at (414) 443-8796.
Please click the button below only once.
It may take up to 30 seconds to submit the form.