As a student seeking admission, you must have completed your bachelor's degree from an accredited higher education institution.
Students may take up to six credits prior to acceptance to the program. Prior to acceptance in the Master of Arts in Education program at Wisconsin Lutheran College, you must provide the following:
- Recommendations: Two letters of reference (one academic, one professional) who can attest to your capacity for successfully completing graduate studies;
- Personal goal statement: Describe your professional aspirations as well as your goals for improving your teaching practice and/or advancing your profession as an educator;
- Professional writing sample: Provide a writing sample in the form of a detailed lesson or unit plan, an article on an education topic, research paper, essay, or other document demonstrating your writing proficiency;
- Interview: An interview may be required, following an initial evaluation of the applicant.
Here are a few quick steps we recommend to help you get started on your way toward earning your master's degree:
- Request information about WLC's Master of Arts in Education program by filling out the form on the right;
- Attend an information session and visit our campus;
- Schedule an appointment with your enrollment advisor for a personalized program plan at (414) 443.8782 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Complete the free online application and begin the following steps:
- Contact your previous college(s) to obtain your transcript(s) or ask us to request transcripts on your behalf.
- Work with your personal enrollment advisor to complete your recommendations, personal goal statement, and professional writing sample.
- Mail your official transcript(s) and documents or request them to be sent to:
Wisconsin Lutheran College
Adult & Graduate Studies
8800 West Bluemound Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226