Transfer Admission

The Office of Admissions at Wisconsin Lutheran College recognizes that as a transfer student, you may have several questions regarding the admissions process. We hope that the following information is helpful to you. If you have further questions, please contact us or download the Fast Facts for Transfers PDF.

What do I need to submit with my application?

Wisconsin Lutheran College requests that you turn in your application, college transcript, final high school transcript, transfer recommendation form, and your ACT score (if you are transferring in less than 30 credits). You must also be allowed back at your previous school in good standing.

Does the college have a residency requirement?

Maintaining a sense of campus community is important to us, so if you do not live with your family, you are required to live in college residence halls. Students are offered a variety of housing styles including on-campus, furnished apartments. If you live with your family, you may commute from home. If you have been out of high school for more than three years, you may live off campus. Appeals to these policies can be made through the Vice President of Student Life.

Will all of my previous college credits transfer?

After you have applied for admission and have arranged for your college transcripts to be sent to WLC, our registrar will evaluate your transcripts to determine which credits will transfer, thereby determining your class status. A student must have finished a class with a "C" or better for it to be considered for transfer credit. Please read our Transfer Credit Policies.

How do I apply for financial assistance?

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Make sure to list WLC in the information release section.

Mid-year transfers who have completed the FAFSA for their previous institution can go back to and enter WLC's school code: 014658.

All transfer students should complete the WLC Financial Aid Application available through the Financial Aid Office. For more information contact the Financial Aid Office at 414.443.8856.

Are there any transfer scholarships available?

Awards are renewable annually if a student remains in good standing.

Transfer Grant
$5,000 Min. Col. GPA 2.5

Transfer Scholarship
$8,000 Min. Col. GPA 3.0

Transfer Scholarship
$10,000 Min. Col. GPA 3.5

Can I participate in co-curricular activities?

WLC offers various clubs and organizations for you depending on your interests.

There are also intercollegiate and intramural opportunities for men and women. The Warriors compete in NCAA Division III and members of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference. To determine your eligibility status, you should contact Skip Noon, Athletic Director, at 414.443.8871.

Are there course requirements of which I need to be aware?

WLC does have a core curriculum, which includes theology courses. All requirements are all outlined under general degree requirements at