Dr. Leanne M. Olson (1994)
Associate Professor of Psychology
- B.A., Psychology & WI Teaching Cert., Marquette University
- M.S., Educational Psychology, University of Wisconsin
- Ph.D., Educational Psychology, University of Wisconsin
Professional Interests/Academic Expertise
- PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
- PSY 120 Developmental Psychology
- PSY 210 Psychological Research Methods
- PSY 211 Experimental Psychology
- PSY 215 Individual Differences (exceptional education)
- PSY 250 Learning Theories: Introduction to Learning and Memory
- PSY 321 Child Development
- PSY 323 Adolescent Development
- PSY 324 Adult Development
- PSY 350 Cognition
- PSY 370 Psychological Testing and Assessment
Enright, R. D., & The Human Development Study Group. (1994). Piaget on the moral development of forgiveness: Identity or reciprocity? Human Development, 37, 63-80.
Enright, R. D., Lapsley, D. K., & Olson, L. M. (1985). Early adolescent labor in colonial Plymouth and Massachusetts Bay. Journal of Early Adolescence, 5, 394-410.
Enright, R. D., Olson, L. M., Ganiere, D., Lapsley, D. K., & Buss, R. R. (1984). A clinical model for enhancing adolescent ego identity. Journal of Adolescence, 7, 119-130.
Lapsley, D. K., Harwell, M. R., Olson, L. M., Flannery, D., & Quintana, S. M. (1984). Moral judgement, personality, and attitude to authority in early and late adolescence. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 13, 527-542.
Olson, L. M. (2002). The relationship between moral integrity, psychological well-being, and anxiety. Charis: The Institute of Wisconsin Lutheran College, 2(1), 21-28.
Subkoviak, M. J., Enright, R. D., Ching-Ru, W., Gassin, E. A., Freedman, S., Olson, L. M., & Sarinopoulos, I. (1995). Measuring interpersonal forgiveness in late adolescence and middle adulthood. Journal of Adolescence, 18, 641-655.
Recent Poster Presentations
Olson, L., & Morgan, B. (2009, April). Protection of human participants: A survey of undergraduate submissions to MPA. Poster presented at the Midwestern Psychological Assn. PSI CHI Program, Chicago, Ill.
Olson, L. (2008, Nov.). Student institutional review board (Sirb): Making it work at a small undergraduate institution. Programmatic Poster presented at the PRIM&R 2008, Advancing Ethical Research Conference: Balancing the needs of human subjects and science in Orlando, Florida. Also selected for moderated discussion.
Olson, L., Koszewski, L., Sanchez, E., Carran, J., & Jensen, C. (2005, May). Coffee-Mate. Poster presented at the Midwest Psychological Association Annual Convention, The Creative Department or Program poster session sponsored by CTUP is the Council of Teachers of Undergraduate Psychology, Chicago, Ill.
Olson, L., & Enright, D. (2004, May). Moral integrity: Construct Validation. Poster presented at the American Psychology Society 16th Annual Convention, Chicago Ill.
- American Association for Christian Counseling
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Society
- Christian Association for Psychological Studies
- Council of Undergraduate Research (CUR)
- Faculty 21 member: Project Kaleidoscope
- Midwestern Psychological Association
- Society for the Teaching of Psychology (APA Division Two)
- PSI CHI and Psychology Club Faculty Advisor
- Research Safety & Subjects Protection Program