Careers in German for International Business
With a degree in German for International Business from WLC, students are equipped to endeavor into a multitude of fields based on the each student's individual interests. Examples of International Business career possibilities include:
- Foreign Service Officer/ Diplomat
- International Account Rep
- International Marketing/Sales Analyst
- International Financial Analyst
- International Banking Officer
- International Stock Broker
- International Mergers and Acquisitions Specialist
- International Product Manager
- Import/Export Agent
- International Law
There are four main types of international business career arrangements:
- Live in the U.S. and work for a U.S. company that does business abroad with a German firm, with little or no travel involved.
- Live in the U.S. and travel abroad frequently to represent a U.S. company.
- Live in a German-speaking country while working for a U.S. company, and travel back to the U.S. occasionally or rarely.
- Live in the U.S. and work for a company that is based in a German-speaking country with little or no travel involved.
Positions in upper-level international management usually require an MBA or master's degree.